Sunday 17 July 2011

The beginning- searching for love

I started online dating a few years back.  I didn't have alot of time and I was new to Calgary.  I had a few friends that were online and suggested I "give it a go".  I've know a handful of couples that have met and married or met and procreated.  It was the logical move to meet men.

Of course, you have to write about yourself in your profile, which is essentially selling all your best features and leaving out the secret single behaviors ( eating olives out of the jar, not hanging up clothes, messy product filled bathrooms etc). And so it began...  I became a source of entertainment for my married, coupled friends and family.

I've always been someone that has had random things happen to me, this was no different.  After a few years of hearing you should write a book, I decided to start cutting and pasting my emails and starting "a book".  For whatever reason, I haven't started writing my book yet, but I do cut and paste the interesting emails, the random ones.

It has lead me to this, writing a blog, sharing with all those normal women and men out there that are searching for love.  Yes, truly searching for love.

One of my first online dates - meets - was at a pub in Calgary, I was nervous, because really, I don't who this person is.  All these thoughts cross your mind just from the walk from the car.  Is he there? Am I going to recognize him? Is he cute? is he the one? Is he crazy

He was there, he had a yellow street bike, and I would recognize him because he had a yellow helmut with him.  There was the yellow helmut, he was shorter, he was heavier, and he was older.   I ordered a drink (a caesar- easy to finish fast).  The conversation was light, small talk.  Somehow, the conversation went weird, he said he had to go to the bathroom, and he normally washed his genitals in the sink? WTF?

I downed the caesar, left a $5 bill and said nice to meet you, turned and walked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment